Sunday, January 12, 2014

Black Leggings Four Ways

LEGGINGS: BEST INVENTION EVER.

Seriously. Leggings. Feels like you're not wearing anything and it goes with practically everything. Besides the fact that cat fur gets all over this thing, I'm pretty much in love with whoever started the whole leggings trend.

So I wanted to show four different ways I wear black leggings during the cold winter season (yeah, yeah. I know it's 63 degrees. But I'm Californian). Oh, and two things: 1.) I added Milo in all these pictures because, come on, I need to have my cat on this blog. 2.) Ignore the ambulance in the background...something happened midway through the pictures and it wasn't a pretty sight...


When I feel like boots for splashing in the rain (or in my case leaves, because we haven't been getting any rain), I pair it with a long striped tee or tank underneath a long gray sweater. Of course throw on a scarf. Patterns on the scarf is a plus.

(Sweater: Gap - This one is gone, but here's a cute one. Scarf: Forever 21 - This one would look way better, and it's under $10. Shirt: Banana Republic. Boots: Cathy Jean)


Pairing a vest with a blouse is a great way to layer without the clunkiness.

(Shirt: Kohl's. Vest: Banana Republic. Check out this vest for under $30!)


I love flats because they add such a delicate, feminine touch to an outfit, even when you have hobbit feet like I do (I'm size 8 and I'm only 5 feet tall...yeah...) I love pairing blazers with soft tanks and a big scarf.

(Blazer: H&M - Starting at $24.95. Even better? Forever 21 starts at $17.80! Flats: Target, on sale for just $15)



(Sweater: Target. Shirt: Kohl's - Lauren Conrad)

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Very helpful! I will be bookmarking this for future reference :)

    ReplyDelete