Monday, January 20, 2014

Savvy Shopping

SHOP STRATEGICALLY.

Feeding my shopping addiction is expensive. That's why my husband did the most horrible thing in the entire universe (I'm exaggerating): HE PUT ME ON A BUDGET! (gasp) I know. I can hear someone playing the world's saddest song on the world's smallest violin somewhere.

But being on this budget has really taught me to shop strategically. Gorgeous fashion doesn't have to mean spending hundreds of dollars. It's all about where to shop, when to shop, and how you wear the pieces together. No joke, I bought each of these items below (except the boots, but they were still on sale) for under $40 (each).


Here are 2 things I live by without hubby's blood pressure going through the roof:

1.) SHOP FOR THE NEXT SEASON.
You know when it's the day after Halloween and all the costumes are all on sale? Yeah. That's when I buy Halloween costumes. Same with clothes. When winter is almost over, all the adorable winter clothes are on sale. Yes, I know that some of the items might be "so last season", but it's about how you piece it with something else! Plus, most of the clothes I find last more than one season.

(Purple leopard print shirt: Banana Republic - 2013 Christmas sale. Cathy Jean platform boots: Winter Sale - old, but here's a similar one. OH! The boots are 50% off right now, as this blog is being typed because winter is almost over.)

2.) TARGET.
I almost feel like Target surprises me every time I go there. One year Target had a Neiman Marcus holiday collection and I scored this adorable Oscar de la Renta Floral Canvas Tote Bag for under $30!



1 comment:

  1. Looooove this outfit! Great tips on how to score fashionable pieces for budget-friendly prices! PS I LOVE Cathi Jean! The best affordable shoes ever!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete