Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Casual Chic

MY FAVORITE PAIR. NO. NOT THAT PAIR.

You know what I love besides cuddling up with my kitties with a nice glass of wine and my husband feeding me See's chocolate? (And yes, that never happens.) I love pairing feminine, chic items with really casual pieces. It's such an effortless look that beautifully combines pieces that in other worlds would be an oxymoron.

Ripped up jeans can look nice. Nice in a "I fell but I'm so cool looking no one noticed" kind of a way. But seriously, here's the ratio I like to stick with. When doing casual chic, dress it up in a 3:1 ratio (in order of casual to chic). Hopefully I'm using ratios correctly...

Dress up one casual piece (like a beat up pair of jeans, old sweater, plaid button-up, or plain white tee) with nice, feminine items (like a bright necklace, heels, silk, patterns, bright scarf, colorful belt, etc.). It really brightens up your outfit!



(Ankle boots: Target - from last winter, but check this one out. Necklace: Forever 21. Jeans: Charlotte Russe - old but these are adorable. Shirt: Banana Republic - old.)

No comments:

Post a Comment